Mom Traveling with Kids

Mom Traveling with Kids
May 17, 2013 CuteCoco

When traveling with kids there are essential things that you MUST not forget, for instance toys, snacks, coloring books and the whole world, if you can. Suggestion about these are easily found everywhere in google, which is why I won’t talk about it now ๐Ÿ˜€

Last Monday was my first time traveling with kids just the three of us because husband couldn’t take leave from work. Obviously all those things were on my checklist although turned out the boys didn’t really need that. They were so excited about going on an airplane that they cared less on other things.

I chose to fly the number one airline in Indonesia, which is arguably Garuda Indonesia. When traveling with kids and no other adult companion I think it is important to chose good transportation, if you can afford it. Safety and comfort are two things that can’t be negotiated. Garuda Indonesia has definitely better service than the others (especially the low fare ones). It provides meal during the flight and for kids, although not as amazing as Emirate Airlines, it gives them toys to play with.

Chicken and potato for the kids (it was more delicious than my choice hiks!)

Playing cars in the air

A magazine is a great companion

A friend of mine is one of editors in Cosmopolitan Indonesia and in this May issue his picture was there. But it was so tiny and he looked so different, I spent almost half of the flight trying to figure out that it was really him (despite his name was written on it). Well, at least that makes the flight trip less boring ha ha..

When you have to fly, what are the things you look for to help you chose which airlines you are going to fly with?

Disclosure: This post contains my affiliate links. Check them out, you may find what you need :)

1. Rosey 8 years ago

If it’s an international flight, the movies on the screen work well. If it’s domestic, I bring along the bookbag of ‘keep them occupied’ stuff. ๐Ÿ˜‰

On both types of flights, I now make sure it’s a given I will be sitting w/my child. It’s becoming the norm for one airline I know of for sure, to seat parents away from the kiddos, then you have to fight for the right to sit together (so dumb and a big safety risk). I just read about it again at Robin’s blog and it got me fired up all over.

Glad you had a nice flight. Your little ones (big ones) look perfectly content (and cute too). :)

• Author
      CuteCoco 8 years ago

Yes I read it too..what a bunch of ignorance! Movies on the screen indeed worked perfectly. Once, in one of our international flights Nemo was paying so the kids were kept quiet as they loved the movie so much. When the movie was done they fell asleep.

2. Katia 8 years ago

First of all, hats off to you, travelling with two kids on your own is BRAVE, mama! I haven’t attempted that yet, only travelling with two + husband and that still had its challenges. I would suggest surprising them with a new toy, a new book, some activity books, but sounds like you had things under control there.

• Author
      CuteCoco 8 years ago

They were so exited about the flight hence they behave themselves. I was lucky!

3. Theresa 8 years ago

I have only had to travel with my kids by plane once. It was only a 2 hour flight, so we filled the time with Nintendo DS and ipods. I can’t imagine taking a long flight with them! I would go nuts!

• Author
      CuteCoco 8 years ago

Talking about long flight I made my husband flew all the way back to Indonesia from UAE to pick me and the boys. And then all of us went to UAE. I would have definitely gone nuts if I had to make it on my own with the boys only ๐Ÿ˜€

4. You guys still get meals on flights? Lucky. We can get meals/snacks on flights here in the US, but we have to pay for them – they are not included like they used to be!

• Author
      CuteCoco 8 years ago

That was one reason why I fly with Garuda Indonesia. It’s the only domestic airline that still includes meal (and airport tax) in the fare ๐Ÿ˜€

5. What a lovely post:)your blog makes me happy every time.

I recommend a beautiful Swedish hotel in my new post..you must visit there someday:)

Have a great weekend dear

LOVE Maria at inredningsvis