I was thrilled when Debbie from Debbie in Shape dropped me a note that she has nominated CuteCoconut for Liebster Award. This is not my first nomination but it has been awhile since I got my last one. I think it’s time to renew the banner on my side bar and I am truly thankful for this :).
If you are new to this award, like Debbie did, I am redirecting you too to this article that will tell you more about it.
Let me take you through the questions and answers as followed (this is the fun part of Liebster Award…I love answering these kind of questions!):
1. How did you decide on the name of your blog?
I have mentioned about this on my Wellness Wednesday post about coconut water. There is nothing extraordinary, really. I started this blog on wordpress.com, at the time we were staying in Ras Al Khaimah – an emirate only 2 hours driving from Dubai, UAE. During our summer holiday I went to visit my cousin who was also a programmer and webmaster, and she suggested me to have my own domain and hosting. I was on my way out when she shouted from her room what domain/blog name I would want for my blog. In a rush, out of nowhere the word CuteCoconut just popped in my head. So I shouted back to her with that. It lasts.
Yeah…I know…what a boring story.
2. Where does your blogging inspiration come from?
Anything around me can easily inspire me. Something can happen on my way and I can already draft about it in my head before I actually write it down here. My life, my family, my kids, the people. Everything. Other blogs are also one of my biggest blogging inspiration.
3. What is it that you love most about blogging?
That it is dynamic and fun. Blogging is never static because you will always find something to talk about in your blog. Even when you are stricken by the writer’s block, you can just upload some images on your blog and it becomes a post. Blogging also means bonding and networking. It is a bridge that connects me with other people even when they don’t live near me. It’s a world full of inspiration exchange and I really love it.
4. What is your favorite food?
My favorite food is Japanese food and anything spicy. You put chili in it I will call it delicious.
5. What is your favorite thing to drink (alcoholic or not)?
Teh botol. It is a packaged tea in jasmine flavor – so addictive. If you ever find Indonesian in other country, ask them whether they want to have a Teh Botol. They will kiss you happily! Oh and I love drinking mineral water too.
6. What is an item you cannot live without?
Definitely my phone and the charger. So typical blogger isn’t it? (or should I say digital mom?).
7. What are eleven random facts about yourself?
- I am an only child.
- 10kgs overweight (working on it!).
- Stayed in India for 2 years.
- Ugly feet.
- I have got New Kids on The Block, especially Jordan Knight, posters on my bedroom walls when I was little.
- I have two kids.
- I watch Keeping Up with the Kadarshian (no judgement please!).
- I love swimming because it’s the only sport that don’t make me sweat.
- I was in basketball team from junior high to college.
- My laptop bag is pink.
- I am cylindric 1 both eyes.
8. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
I have stayed in UAE and Qatar, I love both countries I won’t mind to stay there again. Also, I would love to stay in Switzerland. But my childhood dream was – and still is – to live in Japan, maybe Tokyo or Osaka.
9. If you could meet anyone from history, alive or dead, who would it be?
Soekarno, the first president of Indonesia and Freddie Mercury – don’t ask why :).
10. What is your favorite outdoor activity?
Jog and hangout at a park.
11. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Still in the same city, more stable financially, and own an office with white and pink painted walls.
Okay. It’s nomination time. Everyone in the blogosphere, especially my blogger friends, deserves Liebster Award but this time is to share the limelight to 11 blogs whose followers are not more than 1000. So here is my list of nomination. I hope everyone in this list accepts the award:
1. Dine At
5. Susant Clair
8. Mary Denman
10. The Js Arena
11. A Juggling Mom
INSTRUCTIONS FOR NEW NOMINEES OF THE LIEBSTER AWARD:
Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to do the following:
- Write a post about the fact that you’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award.
- In this post, link back to and show some love to the person who nominated you, also nominate 11 other new blogs that would not have more than 1000 followers. Let these nominated bloggers know that you have nominated them and provide a link back to your page to ensure that they are familiar with the Award.
- Display the Award in your post and in your side bar.
- Answer the questions about yourself.
- Put your post with your nominated 11 blogs for the Liebster Award, on social media. Spread the love!
Here are your questions:
- How did you decide on the name of your blog?
- Where does your blogging inspiration come from?
- What is it that you love most about blogging?
- What is your favorite food?
- What is your favorite thing to drink (alcoholic or not)?
- What is an item you cannot live without?
- What are eleven random facts about yourself?
- If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
- If you could meet anyone from history, alive or dead, who would it be?
- What is your favorite outdoor activity?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Thanks once again Debbie for the award
Dear nominees, the ball is yours. Let’s roll it!