Being late to a party that I am hosting is definitely not cool at all. This week has been crazy, and while I don’t want to make excuses..let’s just say that sh*t happens. I am glad that it is Wednesday once again because health and wellness inspirations are coming my way (and yours too!).
At first I wanted to write about books that changed me. But, all I can remember (amongst so many numbers of book I have read) is my all time favorite Harry Potter. Ha! I know…So forget about it and let’s talk about something more important in todays world: refresh the earth by going green.
Lines of cars have been an exhausting daily scene in most big cities. Bandung is not an exception.
Popularly known as Paris van Java, Bandung is filled with parades of vintage buildings from the Dutch colonialism era. The city is beautifully decorated with series of giant trees along the road, gorgeous food in and out, and of course affordable high street fashion. All that seems like a huge magnate for people from Jakarta and surroundings, who will flood Bandung with big families and friends and make weekends driving a living hell.
Like today. After spending almost full day on the road I am emotionally drenched because of the long traffic jams. Driving is not fun anymore.
Would it be possible to scrap off the malls and the skyscrapers just to get fresher air? Would it be possible to ban the cars and motorbikes so people can start pedaling or walking to transport?
I love strolling outdoor when the sky is blue. I want to be welcomed by chirping bird by the window in the morning instead of black thick polluted sky. But all that is just a wishful thinking.
The image of lush rice fields hovers in my mind. I can seem to smell the wet soil from the rain the day before, the smell of paddy due for harvest. It was carefree childhood with lots of greens, flowers, birds, dragonflies, butterflies and clear street. A lot of cycling, running and laughing. I want my kids to grow up in the moment like those, instead of sticking their nose on the ipad trying to shoot a soldier in war game or crashing an airplane.
I wish going green has become more of a lifestyle rather than a trend. I wish going green is planted in everything we do rather than just being talked about. I wish I can start doing a little step of going green and be consistent with that. But we all learning. And I hope you are learning too. We are learning and striving to make a better world for all of us.
If each one of us start this and hold on to it, I believe my sons, your kids, they all will grow in healthier and fresher world like we did.
Would it be possible?
Now it’s your turn to share your story.
Let’s link up with this week’s Wellness Wednesday hosted by myself and Maureen from Scoops of Joy!
HOW TO JOIN
1. Pick one prompt that we will post every Wednesday, blog about it and link up with us. Be creative. Vlogs are more than welcomed! See last week’s prompt HERE for this week’s linky.
2. Grab the Wellness Wednesday button on your post, and on your side bar to support us in spreading the words.
3. Share and mingle. Visit at least three links and leave a meaningful comment in each one of them. Myself and Maureen will try to visit every link and share our support to everyone.
4. Comeback every Wednesday to join us!
5. Follow us on social media for first-hand updates using hashtag #gowellnessday
GRAB THE BUTTON
LET’S LINK UP
WELLNESS WEDNESDAY PROMPTS FOR 25th FEBRUARY 2015
1. Describe a day of your normal meals
2. What tips for healthy eating would you give to someone interested in changing his or her diet?
3. My Top Exercises For __________.
4. 10 things to be thankful for this week
5. Outdoor or indoor exercise? Why?
Don’t forget to sign up for our weekly newsletter HERE!
See you around!