My 5 years old little A has this habit of touching my tummy especially before bedtime. Sometimes he just has to do it anywhere anytime, whenever, wherever. Which was quite embarrassing and annoying. I have expelled my objection over and over with zero success. He said he liked my tummy because it felt soft and jelly-ish. In other words, it’s lack of firmness. Yeah. Right.
One day, as I laid on my back resting in bed. He came and quickly opened my T’shirt before his face showed a horror shock and shouted out loud “oh no, mommy..your tummy is damage!”. Well with the stretch marks that emerged on carrying him for over nine months (my tummy was flat fine after giving birth to K) it surely looked ‘damaged’.
It was one of wake up calls that sort of banged onto my head. While stretch marks are unable to be removed completely it can reduce by exercise. I admit, I have been very..very slacking on this department.
Soooo.. I have decided that this year, little A needs to dislike my tummy. I need to make it firm and strong. I need strong abs!!
Followings are three simple lifestyle changes that I promise myself to stick my commitment swords on:
– Drink a lot of water. I mean: A LOT
Being hit by harsh flu by the end of 2014 and continues until now have actually helped me started. I now only drink hot water.
– Enough sleep
I used to be the queen of staying up until very late at night. Sometimes I am still wide awake at three in the morning. Not a very good habit. My age have reached thirty something, and while I believe age is only a number but still I want to make an effort to look fresh and glow. Sufficient sleep is a healthy boost to your skin rejuvenation.
– Exercise with focus on tummy and arm
Needless to say, I need to do this urgently!
Are you planning for some simple lifestyle changes this year? Let’s share with me
Meanwhile, I want to say welcome to our first linky party Wellness Wednesday, hosted by Scoops of Joy and myself. If you already picked one prompt and wrote about it, please add you link below. Click HERE to read and pick one of the prompts for this week’s linky!
Here’s how to join:
1. Pick one prompt that we will post every Wednesday, blog about it and link up with us. Be creative. Vlogs are more than welcomed!
2. Grab the Wellness Wednesday button on your post, and on your side bar to support us in spreading the words.
3. Share and mingle. Visit at least three links and leave a meaningful comment in each one of them. Myself and Maureen will try to visit every link and share our support to everyone.
4. Comeback every Wednesday to join us!
5. Follow us on social media for first-hand updates using hashtag #gowellnessday
WELLNESS WEDNESDAY PROMPTS FOR 14th JANUARY 2015
1. Do you meditate? What do you think of meditation?
2. Inner peace. Describe them.
3. Share your healthy living goals.
4. Your favorite workout songs.
5. What is inside your gym bag?
GRAB THE BUTTON
See you next week!
We will send the prompts by email once a week as a gentle reminder. Sign Up HERE!