I am gonna be honest. I am not quite an expert in making new friends. Yes I am cheerful, yes I am always full of spirit, yes I try my best to keep positivity around me. But when I have to be in a room with a new face, I hardly be the one who make the first move.
On the other hand, I truly believe that a friendship is a precious investment in life. Wherever I am I love it when I finally have a new friend to share our daily story, no matter how small and unimportant it is. I try to invest at least one good friend, someone who will still be there even though we have been long gone on our separate ways. The one who will instantly connect the moment we meet again after long time.
Of course investing in a friendship takes both sides. However for a start, these are the 10 things you should never say to someone you just knew if you want the new ship last longer:
1. “I hate children!” after you knew that she/he has one, two, three or more adorable kids. Don’t even wonder, afterwards, why you are never invited to their parties.
2. “Oh I am always pampered. They brings me food, drinks, they take care of me always. I am that Ah-Ma-Zing!”. Really? Seriously?
3. “No, the city is not quiet. In my room we always have a party”. So your room is the city? What are you trying to say?
4. “Look at me! I am fabulous am I?”. Oh God! -_-‘
5. “Yeah I need to go to the gym and tone my body more. Look at this ugly tummy” while pointing to your flat tummy, insensitively dismissing a fact that the person you talk to has tummy look like a 5 month prego.
6. “Hmm.. I just don’t like to hang out. I am only child so I don’t like to share”. Ok.
7. “How much is your salary?”. A super sensitive topic.
8. “Your husband is really my type”. Err….
9. “Listen please!..listen!” and then you repeat the same story.
10. “OH EM GEE you must know this…” and start to gossip. Once or twice it’s probably nice, but if you do that too often people will start thinking that soon or later they will be the one in your topic of the day.
Let’s add some more to the list!
Image credit: Pinterest