The Moms and The Singles

The Moms and The Singles
June 3, 2014 CuteCoco

Apparently there is this so called opinion among the singles that hangout with moms is no fun. Am I right or am I wrong?

Image courtesy: Pinterest

Image courtesy: Pinterest

I think you single ladies can answer that question better. An enlightenment came from one of my single friends who had made a confession to me that part of her was hesitant to make friends with moms. Thankfully I could break her hesitation because in the end whenever I hangout with my girlfriends I want to have some fun, it’s a privilege of having a me time moment, for sure once or twice there will be a mention about the kids or the husband but it won’t dominate the whole conversation. I am sure you, moms, are with me in this.

It is really a matter of placing everything into perspective. There should be certain boundaries that we need to respect when we hangout with the singles because let’s face it, there’s a reason why they are being singles and one of those reasons is probably because they are not interested in kids and marriage.

Have you ever been in a group of moms where each one of them raced to talk about their great kids, perfect husband and happy family? It’s always like a competition. Maybe some of us are so used to that kind of talk that the habit is carried on even when we talk with other people (the non-moms).

Now tell me, do you think the moms and the singles can actually make good friends?

1. Ratna 3 years ago

I make friends with whoever they are either single or mom. As long as we can get along, it cools for me.

2. Theresa 3 years ago

I actually avoid making friends with single ladies because they don’t understand the demands of a family. Yes, I like to go out and have fun, but I don’t want to do it until the wee hours of the morning like I did way back when I was younger. I have a family that depends on my to be at my best, and if I am tired from a night of partying, it just ain’t happening.

• Rina 3 years ago

yeah that’s actually one of many reasons why singles and moms find it difficult to gel well..one want party the other one had had it enough..it’s just a very different life, isn’t it?…hmm…

3. Rosey 3 years ago

I think singles and moms can be friends. :) That being said, I’m trying to think if I have any singles for friends…and outside of family, I can’t think of a one. ๐Ÿ˜‰ You’ve given me food for thought. :)

4. Hi, t?is weekend is good designed for m?, for tthe reason that this time i am reading this wonderful ?ducational ?iece off writing
    here ?at myy residence.

my webpage: cell phone reverse lookup

5. paleodiet 2014 3 years ago

Spot on with this write-up, I actually feel this website needs
    far more attention. I’ll probably be back again to read through more, thanks for the advice!

6. Camille 3 years ago

I think they can, but not often. In my experience, single and childless people always avoid becoming friends with me once they find out I’m a married mom. But at the same time, my two best friends are single with no kids. We were friends before I even met my husband and our friendship endured. :)

• Rina 3 years ago

Yeap, my experience: singles with whom we make friend since we were also single and then we got married first, can still be friends with us and no issue ๐Ÿ˜€

7. Audrea 3 years ago

Great blog you have here but I was curious about
    if you knew of any community forums that cover the same
    topics talked about here? I’d really like to be a part of
    group where I can get comments from other knowledgeable individuals that share the same interest.
    If you have any recommendations, please let me know.
    Many thanks!