Being Nosy is Not Cool!

Being Nosy is Not Cool!
November 8, 2013 CuteCoco

There are times, in this life, when all I want is to scream, shout and just carelessly throw an attitude toward nosy people regardless how their relationship with me. I don’t have a problem to say it out loud to strangers or to people I know of but not friends with that they should f*ck off and mind their own business. But things get a little more complicated when it is a family member who is annoying.

Mind your own business

What I don’t get is that a family normally hides behind the word “care” while he/she is actually just being nosy. It’s not once or twice an aunt come up to me asking how much I earn or how much my husband earn from our job. It’s not once or twice someone come to me demanding to know whether I was paying for my mom’s house renovation. When there is something to fix someone will always come to me demanding me to take part in the money pool. And the worst part is that if I am not able to fulfill these expectations bad mouth will start to fly around.

The thing is when two people are working hard to be able to put their kids in the best school in town it doesn’t mean they shower in gold. Money is indeed tight and all we need to do is to prioritize. So to come up to someone in order to know how much money he/she earns every month or even to ask some money from them and when not given you talk bad about it, is really not cool!

Have you ever got similar experience like mine? What did you do?

1. Wiena 3 years ago

Ahh… I feel you. Most of my family ask about my husband’s salary (knowing that I’m a stay at home mom and we have 2 kids). It’s just plain annoying. Now we live far away though so less gossips 😀

2. Rina 3 years ago

yup…that’s one best solution actually. To live far away..avoid conflict ha ha…

3. Camille 3 years ago

That sounds obnoxious! I have nosy family members and in laws too. They used to try and drag me into all sorts of drama, but I have pretty much cut the worst ones out of my life now.

• Author
      CuteCoco 3 years ago

Ahaha…I know, sometimes I feel like to cut them out of my life..but, oh well they just keep coming back hahaha…

4. Mama Obito 3 years ago

There always people like that around us. There are always black and white. I did sometimes ask, hahaha…(annoying me!) however it’s not to compare but to learn from others on how they manage their income, which I think it’s okay. Isn’t it? To certain relatives that specifically ask our earning, sometimes I only give a sweet smile and don’t answer. Just don’t bother them.

• Author
      CuteCoco 3 years ago

Worst part is that they think we shower in gold and that it is very easy to throw money like that while actually we prioritize our expenses. But they just don’t want to understand and if we can’t afford to participate in a money pool to help out a relative they will talk bad that we are stingy or something like that. Sooo annoying!

5. Theresa 3 years ago

My husband and I worked our asses off to have everything we do. We have a lovely home, can take nice vacations occasionally, and don’t struggle. However, we have learned how to budget for these things and live within our means. My family members DON’T work, but can’t understand why I have the things I do and they don’t. So, I am accused of being the snobby family member who thinks she is better than everyone else. I just let it roll off my shoulders and not give a shit what they are anyone else thinks. My money is my business and nobody else needs to know about it.

6. I hate when people just assume. My family has a comfortable life, but we work for it. I wish there was an easy way to do it, but there’s no substitute for hard work. And it pays off if you’re careful with your spending!