When you read this post title you probably wonder how stupid it is. I mean, how retarded a person can be to not knowing how to be a real friend. Oh well, there are indeed people who seem to need more lesson on this area.
In a friendship, or any relationship for that matter, trust is earned and not gifted. Friendship is about two people grow together and still be understanding to one another no matter how far or big their growth is. It is not a competition to top each other.
In term of your relationship with any human being it is very important to be truthful to yourself and to the other person. A good friend won’t judge you for what you do. By that you shouldn’t judge your friend for what they do too.
Talk it out, ask, reach out, do something when you don’t understand. But don’t assume and make your own conclusion filled of negative accusation. Because a friend doesn’t have to explain himself/herself to you.
Honesty is the pride. Don’t put on that mask and pretend to be someone you are not. Don’t deceive, don’t cover up. Don’t act with completely different agenda playing behind your friend’s back. It’s like you smile at the front but frown at the back. That is two-faced.
Are you a good friend worth to keep? Answer the questions below:
1. Do you lie to your friend a lot?
2. Do you make false excuse just to impress other people?
3. Do you take pride high on yourself and consider others are lower than you?
4. Do you see people with money is more attractive?
5. Do you base your judgement of value on money?
6. Do you have any issue to be honest to your friend?
7. Do you quietly investigate what your friend is doing and then try to defeat that?
If most your answers are YES, you got a real serious issue my dear!
Put away the negativity please. I always try my best to be the most authentic version of myself when I am around people. What about you?