Love on The Other Side

Love on The Other Side
May 28, 2013 CuteCoco

A very good friend of mine just came back from her love venture in other city. And no, she is not single. I never understand her stance with the husband because she has got so much freedom in her hand that I wonder what is going on between the two. But who am I to judge?

At some point she told me that if she ever found a better man, which would mean better for everything (looks, money, and all), she probably wouldn’t hesitate to give up on her marriage. So I asked her a simple question, “what if he left you first?”.

….

Marriage. A never ending journey of compassion, understanding and caring. It’s a boat with one captain and a navigator. The captain may decide for everything, but the navigator guide him for direction. Isn’t it?

I have read a story, about a wife who would only give her man 10 forgivable mistakes. Yet they lived long happily together. Someone asked what her secret was. Was her husband so kind and perfect that he had never done anything wrong for the whole life? Her answer was simple, “every time my husband did something wrong I told myself this would be one of the 10 forgivable mistakes I allowed him for”.

…..

When things are not going into where we want them to be, it is easy to put the blame on the other side. Maybe we are often too caught up with our own ego, thinking that we own the world when matter of fact we are just another human being craving for love. We are so desperate to find love outside that we forget…..that what we are looking for is actually already inside.

β€œIt is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages.”

? Friedrich Nietzsche

1. Camille 6 years ago

Gosh, I can never imagine settling down with anyone I didn’t want to spend the rest of my life with no matter what. =/

• Author
      CuteCoco 6 years ago

Oh there are people like that. I have a friend who would marry to a man as long as he could provide :) What do you know, some said love comes in togetherness..maybe they are right after all πŸ˜›

2. Me 6 years ago

What a very true post ! A and I are best friends – we have been married for nearly 26 yrs and are still best friends – we would rather do things together than with other people. Some find that strange but it works for us.
    Have the best day !
    Me

3. I do think that some people are quick to throw in the towel. When you find that one person that you want to spend the rest of your life with, you need to work to make the relationship work. It’s worth it, though.

• Author
      CuteCoco 6 years ago

I agree! Relationship needs to work on and it has to be both ways.

4. EssentiallyJess 6 years ago

Beautifully said Rina.
    Boatman is the only person I ever want to be with. He’s my best friend and that’s what it comes down to. :)

• Author
      CuteCoco 6 years ago

Thanks Jess, yes my husband is my best friend too. Can’t think of anyone else to be this close and bear with me like he does πŸ˜€

5. Theresa 6 years ago

I can’t imagine having the mind set of waiting for something better to come along. It’s like the saying- the grass is always greener on the other side, but if you take the time to water your own lawn, yours can be just as green.

• Author
      CuteCoco 6 years ago

You nailed it Theresa, yeap if we take the time to take care our own lawn it will be just as green.

6. Rosey 6 years ago

This is very sweet. I read a post recently about having a ‘get to’ attitude instead of a ‘have to’ one and that’s what this reminds me of… Instead of thinking ‘I have to’ do so and so, thinking ‘I get to’ do so and so refocuses on the blessing. And a good marriage is a blessing. :)

Love the pic of your handsome boys up there at the top!

• Author
      CuteCoco 6 years ago

You are right. Sometimes people are too caught up with their self they forget how many blessing have come their way.