Apparently one cup of morning coffee is not enough to overcome my sleep deprivation in the afternoon. K’s school is 15 minutes away by car but the traffic is just so crazy it takes out my energy of both body and soul. I will tell you the traffic situation here in Medan:
1. Almost no one pays respect to traffic signs and traffic light.
2. People will only stop at the red light if the red has turned into purple. Do you get that? It means: almost impossible. So when you are driving through a traffic light where on your side is green and on the other side is red you must be very careful because there is always one to two car or motorbike that will cross pass without a care.
3. There are these public motor-carts that drive at the middle of the road and they go very slow. The road is not that big and sometimes it is hard for you to just overtake. It is so distressful.
4. Motorbike, they think they have 9 life. At the red light they will stop almost in the middle of intersection, makes it difficult for cars who come from the opposite way to go through.
5. The silly thing is that these ignorants sometimes make you feel like you were an idiot to obey the rule and regulation. Like when you stop at the red light someone behind you will start honking telling you to keep moving.
So I guess it is very understood I always reach home feeling exhausted and out of mood. But today is a different case because I finally try to fight the sleepiness.
The other day I went to Gramedia. It is a big book store, very famous one in Indonesia. I found these two books. I will be doing the review once I am through. Isn’t it interesting that we, moms, are actually getting smarter (emotionally) once we have our children?