Today I have tried something new with my left-over rice from the night before. Usually what I do is to make them a fried rice, simple and easy. But this time I have done it differently. Instead, I made Vegetable Rice with Chicken, a one pot meal for everybody.
These are the ingredients:
1 pc of carrot, cubed
half bowl of caulieflower, cut into small pieces (blanched a bit)
2 stems of spring onion, cut julienne style
5 pcs of baby corn, each sliced length wise and then cubed
1 tsp corn flour mixed in half glass of hot water
half cubed of chicken stock
a bowl of rice (left-over stock/cooked)
1 slice of chicken breast, cubed
1 tsp corriander
1 pc of lime, cut into half
1 tsp clove powder
Half of onion, cut into big chunks
4 cloves of garlic, chopped
Sugar and salt to taste
Oil for frying
How to Make
1. Heat the oil in a large pan
2. Put the onion, toss until it is soften and then add the garlic
3. Add the chicken stock cubed, mix it well with the onion and garlic
4. Add all the vegetable and then tossed
5. Add the corn flour mix, toss until the vegetable softened
6. Add the rice
7. Add sugar and salt to taste
8. Squeeze in half of the lime and toss it well
Meanwhile for the chicken:
1. Heat some oil in a frying pan
2. Put the chicken breast chunks inside the pan
3. Toss it a bit
4. Squeeze in half of the lime
5. Add corriander powder, clove powder and salt to taste
6. Mix it well until the chicken cooked thoroughly
Once everything done, put the vegetable rice in a bowl and then add the chicken chunks on top of it.
This meal can be a great creation for instant noodle in Chicken Onion Flavour.
Just cook the noodle as per the instruction in the packaging. Once finished, separate the soup with the noodle.
Put the noodle first at the bottom of a bowl, followed by vegetable rice and then topped with the chicken. Serve the soup as a side dish which you can add as per your taste along your meal.